Re: reiser4 for 2.6.33?

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 14:12:49 EST

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 at 14:50, Edward Shishkin wrote:
> (a) plugin design document;
> (b) full description of what is going on in respond to memory
> pressure notifications;
>
> The (a) is not yet ready and I don't have a time to explain
> personally to everyone why the plugin stuff is not crappy.

Is this still a must-have? I.e. are there still strong objections against
the plugin design? And even if so, most of this happens in fs/reiser4
anyway I suppose, so the "evil" plugins are well contained :)

As for (b), can't this be documented at a later point as well?

What about the technical issues, mentioned in the latest TODO list[0]
earlier this year? Are there any real show-stoppers left?
Andrew (Cc'ed) had this in -mm for a longer time now, maybe he can
comment (once again) what's left to do from his POV?

Thanks,
Christian.

[0] http://marc.info/?l=reiserfs-devel&m=124069989217533&w=2
--
BOFH excuse #323:

Your processor has processed too many instructions. Turn it off immediately, do not type any commands!!