Re: Coverity checking periodicity?

From: David Maxwell
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 12:32:14 EST

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 06:19:16PM +0100, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 11/18/2009 04:39 PM, David Maxwell wrote:
> > You mentioned the stats on the Scan site not being updated. That's true.
> > I haven't had time to do maintenance on the relevant scripts in quite a while,
> > so the site doesn't reflect the ongoing builds and defect count changes. :-(
>
> David, thank you for the reply. I'm just curious, are the results
> publicly available or are they visible only to few chosen people?

Hi Jiri,

Each open source project can set their own rules about how small a group
of people can have access to the results. Some projects are very
sensitive about potential security issues and keep it to a few core
folks.

Other projects are less strict. In the Linux case, I forward any
requests off to a handful of Linux people who give me a thumbs-up/down
on the request.

Generally, if I get a request from a maintainer, it has always been
approved.

--
David Maxwell
Coverity Open Source Strategist