Re: net-next-2.6 compilation errors: missing wireless/i82593.h

From: William Allen Simpson
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 06:59:26 EST

David Miller wrote:
From: William Allen Simpson <william.allen.simpson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:34:15 -0500

For the past 9-10 days, net-next-2.6 has failed to compile. In
addition to the errors and warnings already reported here last week,

Those seemed to be for Android drivers and such, so I hope you
reported those failures to the driver maintainers as well as
linux-kernel.

I did, at least some of them. Nothing seems to have been fixed yet.

For the time being could you just disable those drivers in your
build just to get work done or do you absolutely need them?

I did, at least some of them. Of course, since I'm making changes to
linux/tcp.h and net/tcp.h, an awful lot of drivers seem to include them
one way or another, and I'm trying to ensure nothing breaks (at least
for compilation purposes).

since Nov 12th there has been another missing file. I kept hoping
it was temporary, but no joy.

/home/administer/net-next-2.6/drivers/net/znet.c:107:29: error:
wireless/i82593.h: No such file or directory

That header file got moved out to drivers/staging along with the
wavelan driver.

Too bad that CONFIG_STAGING "N" (# CONFIG_STAGING is not set) doesn't
actually turn off all the staging....

John please fix this up, thanks!

Please.