Re: package managers [was: FatELF patches...]

From: Ryan C. Gordon
Date: Wed Nov 04 2009 - 15:28:07 EST

No, package managers are evil feature that suppresses third party software and kills Linux success on desktop.

There are merits and flaws, of course, but I'm going to take this moment to encourage everyone to not descend into a conversation about this on linux-kernel. My point with FatELF wasn't to start a conversation about package management at all, let alone on this mailing list.

--ryan.