[Regression] - 2.6.32-rc5 hangs using rfkill on an eeePC

From: Fabio Comolli
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 15:53:31 EST

Hi all.
Pressing rfkill button on my eeePC 900 to disable wireless hangs the system.

In console I can see (warning: what follows is copied by hand):

acpid: client 148[6:100] has disconnected
ACPI group/action not found: hotkey / ATKD
unregister netdevice: waiting for wlan0 to become free; usage count=1

(last line repeats forever). Hard reset is needed.

With any previous kernel version (I'm running -rc4 right now) everything works:

ACPI group/action undefined: hotkey / ATKD
ath5k 0000:01:00.0: PCI INT A disabled

(there's no acpid line)

Regards,
Fabio