ppc_md.SMI replacement for 2.6

From: Donald Kayser
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 11:35:44 EST

I have ported the 2.6 kernel to an embedded PPC target (old stuff). I have managed to figure everything out, but can't find any replacement for a SMI handler. The original 2.4 version for this target has a bit of code ppc_md.SMI == SmiFuncHandler; I have not been able to find in the current source anything like this. I am not certain that I need to provide a handler at all, but the original developers saw some reason for including it. The particular handler does not do anything more than cancel a watchdog listener for this specific target. I have been living without the handler, but would like to find any kind of replacement if it is supported.

Thanks,
Donald Kayser
linux@xxxxxxxxxx