Re: system gets stuck in a lock during boot

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 10:54:13 EST

Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 19:42 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

o.k. applied your patch, but unfortunantly
I still am hitting this kernel panic.

must admit I have no idea why this is doing this.
(but am willing to sit through this, because eventually
sooner or later will hit this if I update gcc).

But the panic you showed was that it could not find an init to execute.
Which looks like a setup issue and not a kernel bug.

-- Steve

That's whats getting me, i.g. if I compile
sysvinit normally without adding an SELinux patch
the system boots, as soon as I compile sysvinit with
SELinux support to load the policy, bam... I hit this.

I can send a post to SELinux and see what they think,
and the go from there.

Justin P. Mattock