Re: CGFreak control group visualizer

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 07:05:00 EST

2009/10/7 Balbir Singh <balbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I looked at the screenshots and they look very interesting. Would it
> take a lot of effort to extend it to track other controllers like
> memory, network, etc?

No I don't think that'd be a problem if you can just come up with some
proper visualization idea.

Memory can probably be a piechart as well, representing the physical memory
(I think Matt already has some support for offline-generation of such charts in
smem but this could be interactive, on-the-fly.)

Network bandwidth is harder I think because I don't know how these interfaces
look if you want to measure throughput also (alottment would be easy to draw
as a pie chart).

Patches welcome :-)

Linus Walleij