Re: Linux 2.6.32-rc3

From: Frans Pop
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 14:24:13 EST

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > Developers are supposed to be able to take care of themselves;
>
> _People who build kernels from sources which differ from releases_ are
> supposed to take care of themselves.

OK. I can agree with that too. It does take some time to learn to take care
of oneself though. The point was that contributors start out as users;
some will gradually become developers.

And remember that developers also do often *ask* regular users to "try the
current mainline", even during the merge window. Maybe that is something
that is done too lightly?

Cheers,
FJP