Re: 2.6.32-rc3: low mem - only 378MB on x86_32 with 64GB. Why?

From: Byron Stanoszek
Date: Mon Oct 05 2009 - 14:44:26 EST

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Jeff Chua wrote:

Question is ... is there anyway to increase "low mem" without resorting to migrating to 64bit? (Look... it only has 378MB total low mem vs 850MB on the 4GB system). I've oracle installed on the 64GB system and it keeps getting OOMs!

I have some installations using a 64-bit kernel and a 32-bit OS (including
Oracle). This setup works really well and lets you use all available memory.
You don't even have to upgrade your OS; just swap out the kernel.

-Byron