Re: IO scheduler based IO controller V10

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 12:51:43 EST

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:40:20 EDT, Vivek Goyal said:

> In that case, Corrado's suggestion of refining it further and disabling idling
> for seeky process only on non-rotational media (SSD and hardware RAID), makes
> sense to me.

Umm... I got petabytes of hardware RAID across the hall that very definitely
*is* rotating. Did you mean "SSD and disk systems with big honking caches
that cover up the rotation"? Because "RAID" and "big honking caches" are
not *quite* the same thing, and I can just see that corner case coming out
to bite somebody on the ass...