Re: [this_cpu_xx V3 00/19] Introduce per cpu atomic operations andavoid per cpu address arithmetic

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 05:31:01 EST

* cl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <cl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> V2->V3:
> - Available via git tree against latest upstream from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/christoph/percpu.git linus
> - Rework SLUB per cpu operations. Get rid of dynamic DMA slab creation
> for CONFIG_ZONE_DMA
> - Create fallback framework so that 64 bit ops on 32 bit platforms
> can fallback to the use of preempt or interrupt disable. 64 bit
> platforms can use 64 bit atomic per cpu ops.

I'm going to ask you (again...) to post future versions of this patchset
to lkml.

linux-mm is a limited forum and a lot of people who might be interested
in percpu matters simply wont know about your patch-set. per-cpu is not
just a VM matter, obviously - it affects architectures, core kernel
code, etc. etc.

I happened to see your patch-set and have a couple of comments about it
but i will wait with discussing the issues until you submit these
patches properly.

Thanks,

Ingo