Re: [GIT PULL] x86/txt for v2.6.32

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 17:12:41 EST

On 09/28/2009 02:07 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>> Well, I worry that S3 support for TXT makes TXT completely useless. A
>> little liquid nitrogen, remove RAM, place it in another machine,
>> modify it in any way you want, more liquid nitrogen, place it back.
>>
>> Oops, protection provided by TXT is lost.
>
> Ah, I see your point now.

Shane Wang sent me a patch for S3 support, but it missed the merge window:

http://marc.info/?i=4A9CE0B2.5060608@xxxxxxxxx

*As far as I understand* -- and I haven't looked into it in detail yet,
having just come back from Plumber's -- this provides integrity
protection, not content extraction protection.

Shane, could you please comment?

Thanks,

-hpa