Re: Status of Regression/Bug 13407 adb trackpad disappears aftersuspend to ram?

From: Martin Wache
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 14:10:29 EST

Hi,

Rafael J. Wysocki schrieb:

A patch has been submitted which is reported to fix the issue:

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/49462/

Please test it as requested.

Thank you for the info :-)

Unfortunately, applying the patch on top of 2.6.31 doesn't improve the situation for me, rather the opposite. Under X I get no reaction on any keypress on the keyboard or movement on the trackpad. Even plugging in an USB mouse and keyboard didn't help, the usb port doesn't provide an power to the mouse (at least the led in the mouse doesn't light up).
Before X starts up the keyboard does respond, also the trackpad seems to be detected. Doing a suspend/resume cycle doesn't change the situation.

I'm not sure if there was a miscompilation, I didn't do a "make clean", I just applied the patch and did a "make". Should this be enough? Compiling the whole kernel unfortunately takes quite a while on my iBook :-(
I will see if I can connect to the iBook via net and get some information on what is happening, or maybe I try to start it up without X. Would it help you if I send you the logs, etc? Which information would help you?

Thanks,

Martin