Re: [Fwd: [RFC] cfq: adapt slice to number of processes doing I/O(v2.1)]

From: Tobias Oetiker
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 10:46:43 EST

Hi Corrado,

> > Have you tested buffered write, multi-threads?
> Yes. One interesting test was done by Tobias Oetiker
> (http://oss.oetiker.ch/optools/wiki/fsopbench) on his Areca HW Raid6
> with ext3. He put target_latency to 200ms, and used a lower
> slice_idle, to match his faster disks.

I have since updated my benchmark program:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/optools/wiki/FsOpBench

it provides an even better competition model. It now works on a
20GB artificial file tree with a home directory like file
distribution. Results are quite striking ... (not necessarily
encouraging).

results are quite amazing ... I am still collecting ... but maybe
some of you want to try this too ...

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi@xxxxxxxxxx ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900