Re: [patch] Re: [perf] Finding uninstalled modules Was Re: mailinglist for trace users

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 10:57:36 EST

On 09/23/2009 05:52 PM, Mike Galbraith wrote:

The trace shows modules.dep was picked up from /lib/modules/2.6.31, so
if it continued that and picked up the modules from the same place,
everything would work. Why does it try to pick up the modules from cwd?
I don't know where that cwd is coming from off the top of my head.

The symbol loading code reads the path stored in modules.dep, and chops
at ':'.

Well, you don't need to do anything to open a file from cwd: that's the default. You need to actively prepend /lib/modules/blah to get it to load from the correct location. What I don't understand is why it is only hitting me (esp. as it used to work).