Current git: no keyboard when booting in verbose mode

From: Marc Dionne
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 20:54:50 EST

Hi,

I'm having issues with the current kernel in git, and wondering if
this will ring a bell for anyone.
The main symptom is that on most boots the keyboard is not detected -
the system gets to the console login prompt but input is not
recognized. Sometimes (rarely) the keyboard will be ok at the
console, but the keyboard and mouse are non functional once in X.
Other times the system will hang before getting to the console login
prompt.

I made a few attempts to bisect this but with no success - I assume
that I'm led astray at some point by a bad kernel that happens to boot
normally a few times.

Things to note:
- The problem only occurs in verbose mode - if I boot with "quiet"
everything is fine
- 2.6.31 has no issues on the same machine
- On a failed boot with no keyboard, this line is missing from dmesg:
AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input2
- Otherwise there are no obvious differences with dmesg from a successful boot.

config is attached

Marc