Re: BlueZ Supported Profiles

From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 09:08:27 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Vladimir Botka <vbotka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:13:40 +0530
> bluezprofile kernel <bluezprofile@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to know what are all profiles supported by BlueZ?
>> Is there any site gives list of profiles supported by BlueZ?
>> I am using BlueZ 4.46.

BlueZ is modular, so it depends on which plugins you have enabled.
Also some profiles like a2dp and hfp depend on others components such
as PulseAudio to really work, so the answer is not that simple.
Perhaps you should ask what profiles you want so we can give a more
direct answer, in general we support most profiles used by desktops
and phones.

> Hi,
> you can see the provided services with the command:
> # sdptool browse BTADDR
>
> Get the BTADDR from the output of:
> # hcitool scan
>
> Run these command from another Linux box.

You can do the very same think locally:
# sdptool browse local

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz