[origin tree build failure] drivers/built-in.o:(.data+0xb1f40):undefined reference to `dib0070_ctrl_agc_filter'

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 04:01:44 EST

FYI, here's another new build breakage that triggers in -tip testing:

drivers/built-in.o:(.data+0xb1f40): undefined reference to `dib0070_ctrl_agc_filter'
drivers/built-in.o:(.data+0xb1f80): undefined reference to `dib0070_ctrl_agc_filter'

triggers due to:

CONFIG_DVB_USB_DIB0700=y
# CONFIG_DVB_TUNER_DIB0070 is not set

(full config attached)

i've turned that driver off in my testing for now via the hack below.
(not for merging)

The Kconfig rules in drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Kconfig make my head hurt
:-)

My gut impression is that you are trying to offer too much configuration
flexibility there and are trying to work around limitations in the
kconfig tooling and it's just a combinatorical explosion of complexity.

Cannot pin it down which area to improve though.

If that is the case, simplifying it in some brutal fashion might help.
Kconfig isnt good enough to allow just about any configuration scheme
that makes sense to offer to users - some modi create too much ugliness.

Ingo