Re: PATCH: ARCH in builddeb

From: Frans Pop
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 09:10:39 EST

On Friday 18 September 2009, Wei Chong Tan wrote:
> How about this? Hopefully this would work for all arch supported.

That still given me an arm instead of an armel package.

I get the following from the deb-pkg target:
dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type arm-linux-gnu does
not match gcc system type arm-linux-gnueabi.
dpkg-deb: building package `linux-image-2.6.31' in `../linux-image-2.6.31_6481.gc7572df_arm.deb'.

So, somehow dpkg is able to do the right thing based on what is set for gcc
(I expect from the CROSS_COMPILE option), but not if that gets overruled as
both your patches seem to be doing.

Cheers,
FJP