Re: free_initrd_mem() corrups mm state on m68knommu.

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 19:43:42 EST

Hi Lennart,

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:34:37PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Hi Lennart,

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:49:59PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
OK, seems the issue was that setup.c wasn't flagging the initrd memory
range as 'reserve_bootmem' which caused extra memory to be forced into
the mm state when it was later freed. I guess one has to be very careful
with what patches one finds lying around the internet (in this case the
uboot bootargs patch for m68knommu that we found somewhere).

Seems to work great now, and I finally made sense of how the bootmem
map is passed and what is going where. It all makes sense now.
Can you send a patch for it?
I can push it to mainline of it looks reasonable.

Well it's a patch ontop of another patch that isn't in mainline.
The other patch is one that adds support for uboot passing kernel command
line arguments. Want that one too? We find it to be rather useful.

Sure, send them both.

Regards
Greg