Re: [crash] kernel BUG at net/core/pktgen.c:3503!

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 13:52:08 EST

[Ingo Molnar - Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 07:44:48PM +0200]

| > Ingo, does Cyrill's patch help?
|
| For now i've turned pktgen off in my tests. Will check it again once
| things have calmed down somewhat.
|
| Also, i just tried to reproduce the pktgen crash with latest -git and
| the config i sent - no luck, so i cannot test Cyrill's patch either.
|
| Btw., we are seeing some other preempt count and task related
| weirdnesses as well in other code, maybe it's related. No good pattern
| yet to act upon.
|
| Anyway - please disregard this bugreport until i've investigated it
| closer.
|
| Ingo

I'm unable to reproduce this issue too. I was trying
many ways (under kvm) -- no bug triggered. Though on
a system for which I had done this patch in first place
the bug was been hitting all the time (but it contains
custom vcpu management code, which is not our case here).

-- Cyrill