Re: HugeTLB: Driver example

From: Alexey Korolev
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 02:42:31 EST

>> There is an example of simple driver which provides huge pages mapping
>> for user level applications. The Âprocedure for mapping of huge pages
>> to userspace by the driver is:
>>
>> 1. Create a hugetlb file on vfs mount of hugetlbfs (h_file)
>
> Note that to get your support code included at all you'll need a real
> intree driver, not just an example. ÂThat is if VM people are happy with
> the general concept.
Hi,
The driver example listed here takes the same approach as already done
inside ipc/shm.c. So people can refer this file for development. The
patches just make existing functions more usable by drivers and this
example is an extract of ipc/shm.c in order to give pretty simple
how-to.
Seems I gave a not so good description for this patch set so it caused
a lot of misunderstanding, sorry about that.

Thanks,
Alexey