Re: Staging tree status for the .32 kernel merge

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 19:22:13 EST

Em Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:14:30 -0700

> - go7007. Ugh. Unless someone steps up now to take this over,
> it's going to be removed in .33. There is no hardware made
> with this anymore, and no specs around that I know of, and the
> code isn't the nicest in the world.

I think nobody will cry if you remove this one. This is an old hardware, and not
manufactured anymore. The chipset of the compression hardware is
obsolete and orphaned, as the audio/video unit were sold to another company.

> - udlfb. Video over USB, it doesn't get anymore whacked than
> that. This is still being developed but the developer doesn't
> like to do incremental updates for some odd reason. Hopefully
> he pops up again with an update. But for now, it is quite
> workable for a number of developers.

Is this a video streaming driver (like other V4L2 drivers) or a video adapter
driver?

Cheers,
Mauro