Re: [Bisected] Output to external monitor is broken (Re: Linux2.6.31-rc9)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 14:37:49 EST

[ Just adding all the right people to the email participants line.
Eric, Jesse, Zhao, Ma Ling - should I just revert that commit?

Carlos - can you also do the full dmesg _with_ the corruption? I realize
that your screen is unreadable, but if you can just log in blindly, and
do a "dmesg > saved-dmesg-file" and then do a clean reboot? No need for
a serial console or anything fancy - I assume the machine is still
working, just with bad output.

It might also be a good idea to boot with "drm.debug=15" to enable much
more debugging output.
- Linus ]