Re: Zaurus suspend saga

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 07:03:22 EST

Hi!

> > I'd hate to see c) happen but I doubt I'm going to find time to rewrite
> > that code any time soon and nobody else even seems to have grasped how
> > deep this problem really is :(.
>
> Yeah, I'd agree that to rebuild the charger code on top of SPI, and possibly
> as individual driver in the resume process (so order can be arranged) might
> be the final solution, however, that's not an easy job indeed.

Yep, zaurus is currently pretty broken; I don't think charging from
Linux works at all, so I simply power down back to bootloader for
charge.

Anyway, suspend/resume is currently more important for me than charge,
and I'd like to get at least that to work.

Could we apply the trivial patch from "zaurus c3000 aka spitz: fix
resume" , and preferably push it to linus for 2.6.31? One version
where kernel suspends/resumes would be good.
Pavel