Re: question on sched-rt group allocation cap: sched_rt_runtime_us

From: Anirban Sinha
Date: Sun Sep 06 2009 - 20:28:46 EST

> Dunno. Fly or die little patchlet (toss).

> sched: allow the user to disable RT bandwidth aggregation.

Hmm. Interesting. With this change, my results are as follows:

rt_runtime/rt_period % of reg iterations

0.2 100%
0.25 100%
0.3 100%
0.4 100%
0.5 82%
0.6 66%
0.7 54%
0.8 46%
0.9 38.5%
0.95 32%

This results are on a quad core blade. Does it still makes sense though?
Can anyone else run the same tests on a quadcore over the latest kernel?
I will patch our 2.6.26 kernel with upstream fixes and rerun these tests on tuesday.

Ani