Re: [GIT PULL] percpu fixes for 2.6.31-rc8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 17:24:50 EST

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:

> Ummm... one question. The above tree is on top of the previous
> for-linus fixes tree. It pulls in to the current #master alright but
> it would still be a merge instead of a fast-forward. Would it be
> better to prep fixes tree on top of the current #master so that it
> results in fast-forward? If that's the case, please let me know or
> just cherry pick the top commit.

No, I actually prefer people to avoid rebasing unless they have some real
reason for it. My pulls almost always end up being merges anyway, since I
pull from several people, so even if you were to have rebased, it would
_not_ have been a fast-forward for me, since I'd in the meantime have
pulled from others anyway.

Linus