Re: [patch 00/33] my current vfs scalability patch queue

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 03:05:47 EST

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 04:51:41PM +1000, npiggin@xxxxxxx wrote:
> But it is now getting to the point where I will need to get some agreement with
> the approach.

BTW, yes I'm aware numbers and results are needed. I have some things,
but I don't have that big systems to test with, or really interesting
workoads.

I know google is running into lock contention which is why they proposed
the batched iput dput patches. Peter Chubb hit inode lock contention
with reaim (don't konw if that is considered realistic). And SGI have
had various lock contention problems with NFS fileservers.

So aside from reviews and suggestions, what would be most helpful to me
would be people willing to test out their problematic workloads with
me. It's the only way I can try to get them fixed.

Thanks,
Nick