Re: [Patch 1/8] kexec: allow to shrink reserved memory

From: Amerigo Wang
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 22:00:43 EST

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
Amerigo Wang <amwang@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

+
+ start = roundup(start, PAGE_SIZE);
+ end = roundup(start + new_size, PAGE_SIZE);
+
+ for (addr = end; addr < crashk_res.end; addr += PAGE_SIZE) {
+ ClearPageReserved(pfn_to_page(addr >> PAGE_SHIFT));
+ init_page_count(pfn_to_page(addr >> PAGE_SHIFT));
+ free_page((unsigned long)__va(addr));
+ totalram_pages++;

Any chance we can move this inline snippet into a helper function in
-mm. To expose what is happening here to the mm developers.

Yes, I believe so. In fact I also wanted to do this, but I forgot before I sent these patches... Will do it in the next version.

Thanks.