Re: 2.6.31-rc6: ACPI handle has no context apparenty from libata during suspend to RAM

From: Frans Pop
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 08:07:54 EST

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Stopping disk
> ACPI handle has no context!
> sdhci-pci 0000:03:01.1: PME# disabled
> sdhci-pci 0000:03:01.1: PCI INT B disabled
> ACPI handle has no context!
> ata5: port disabled. ignoring.

I have a few of those too. I've been intending to try to investigate them,
but haven't gotten around to it yet. One problem is that there is no
context information in the error message itself (what
driver/function/whatever).

Are they new for you in .31 or have they always been there? I suspect the
latter, in which case I wouldn't worry about them too much. I at least
have never noticed any actual negative impact from them.

Cheers,
FJP