Re: Mailing List Etiquette

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 10:54:34 EST

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 01:55:28AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:39:53 +0100
>
> > To me that shows you have an extremely selfish attitude.
>
> Ok Mr. "My Way Or the Highway"
>
> A lot of us are tired of your crap, and like Alan Cox I can't take you
> seriously at all.

Seconded. At this point, I would suggest the right answer is to make
sure the arm lists on vger have adequate archives (there are plenty of
list archiving services to choose from, including gmane; I'd suggest
using at least two for redundancy), and then forward to Linus a patch
which changes the mailing list pointers to vger.

It's clear that Russell is to stressed out to do a good job, and the
vger lists are very well run without having the spam problems that
Russell seems to be struggling to solve w/o using sledgehammer-to-kill-a-
gnat style solutions.

- Ted

(who is a bystander but who is
appalled by rmk's behaviour)