ATI driver conflict with LOCK_STAT

From: Bowen
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 23:04:18 EST

Hi All:

I just found that I can't compile my ATI driver. I have downloaded a ATI driver from their web site, but I can't compile it successfully, it reported "FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module fglrx.ko uses GPL-only symbol
'lock_acquire'",

I found when I close LOCK_STAT, I can compiled ATI driver successfully. And I also try to remove GPL declaration from "lock_acquire, lock_release, rcu_lock_map, lockdep_init_map", I can also use ATI driver. So does anybody meet same problem? Should we remove GPL limitation from those functions in kernel? Or just make ATI driver conflict with LOCK_STAT?

Regards
Bowen