Re: [ANN] b43 LP-PHY support (BCM4310/4312/4315) now ready for testing!

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 19:43:11 EST

2009/8/18 Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/8/18 GÃbor Stefanik <netrolller.3d@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hello World!
>>
>> Great news for Broadcom BCM4310/4312/4315 (PCI 14e4:4315) users:
>> LP-PHY support is now at the point where it can be tested for functionality!
>
> Hey great stuff :)
>
>> There are still problems with channel switching (a few patches ago,
>> only 802.11b/g channels 7 and 8 were working - no tests have been
>> performed since then) & TX is untested, but Larry has reported that he
>> can get scan results from channels 7 and 8. He doesn't have any AP on
>> these channels, so can't test if association works, but it should be
>> working too. It's also possible that recent patches have fixed the
>> channel switching bug, as the codepaths for channel switching have
>> been touched extensively, probably fixing a major miscalculation issue
>> ("Qdiv roundup" was completely wrong).
>>
>> So, go ahead, give it a try, and let's rock!
>>
>> Note that the code in wireless-testing is enough to start testing,
>> however it's recommended that you apply the following 2 pending fixes:
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=125061590101156&w=2 and
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=125062611720517&w=2
>>
>> Tomorrow's compat-wireless tarball, together with the above patches,
>> should also be good for testing. Not sure about today's tarball.
>
> Except CONFIG_B43_PHY_LP was not enabled on compat-wireless. But now
> it is. I kicked the cronjob and enabled CONFIG_B43_PHY_LP on
> config.mk, please report any issues.
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download/

Oh and I forgot the release info:

Origin remote URL:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git
git-describe for wireless-testing.git says: v2.6.31-rc6-31586-g80289f0
This is a bleeding edge compat-wireless release based on: master-2009-08-18
This is compat-release: master-2009-08-18

Luis