Re: [Regression] PCI resources allocation problem on HP nx6325

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 15:48:31 EST

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Frans Pop wrote:

> It's never resulted in things not working, but it would still be nice if
> it got solved. Please let me know if you'd like anything tested.

Did you test the trial-balloon patch I sent to Manuel? It's not the one
I'd ever commit, but behavior-wise it's likely very close in practice to a
patch that would iterate over possible parent resources (ie there are
differences in theory but probably not so many in practice).

So testing it on your machine would be sensible. And you might also remind
me after 2.6.31 is out.

Linus