Re: Flooded by do_IRQ: 0.91 No irq handler for vector

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 20:00:04 EST

On 08/11/2009 04:28 PM, Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez wrote:
I'm really concerned that all those interrupts might slow down the
computer somehow...
Here is an attached syslog part after a reboot.
Sometimes, the ratelimit says that thousands of callbacks were suppressed.
Is there a way to make this message be displayed only once?

In arch/x86/kernel/irq.c, the line 213 is:
irq = __get_cpu_var(vector_irq)[vector];

In my case, the returned irq is -1. Doesn't it makes sense to not log
the "No irq handler for vector" message when irq< 0?

Or even a deeper answer: Why, in my case, the resulting irq is -1?

Not logging would just cover up the problem, the issue in your case is that something seems to be asserting a ton of interrupts on an IRQ line that no driver has claimed..