Re: [RFC patch] init default dma_ops to prepare intel_iommu_initfailure

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 05:36:32 EST

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 17:20 +0800, Luming Yu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On ia64 platform with dmar table and new upstream
> kernel(config_dmar_default_on enabled),
> if intel_iommu_init ends up without dma_ops initialized or other iommu
> failures.
> We got nothing to fall back. The following patch fixes it.

Hm, don't we then end up with a 64MiB allocation for swiotlb buffers
which we don't need? We can't defer the allocation until we know -- I
think we need to come up with some way to give it _back_ if the swiotlb
turns out not to be needed? And we should do this for i386/x86_64 too.

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation