Re: [RFC] respect the referenced bit of KVM guest pages?

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 09:11:52 EST

Wu Fengguang wrote:

This is a quick hack to materialize the idea. It remembers roughly
the last 32*SWAP_CLUSTER_MAX=1024 active (mapped) pages scanned,
and if _all of them_ are referenced, then the referenced bit is
probably meaningless and should not be taken seriously.

This has the potential to increase the number of active
pages scanned by almost a factor 1024. Let me whip up an
alternative idea when I get to the office later today.

--
All rights reversed.