Re: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your messageto Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)

From: Russell King
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 08:10:04 EST

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:31:04PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > It is indeed possible to cross post between lkml and lakml. The easiest
> > way to do that is to subscribe to the list and tell Mailman that you
> > don't want to receive any messages.
>
> Actually I'm subscribed, but I still have far too many problems.
>
> Due to the approval process, I don't think you'll ever have a spammer
> on lakml... can the mail size + #of people in to/cc list simply be
> increased to lkml levels?

The mail size is currently 100K, having been recently increased. I
believe this is a sane limit.

The number of people is 15, which is probably a little low. I've
already explained my personal position over that limit concerning
requests from you. Erik's position may be different.

> > When I get such a Mailman message from a list I just shrug. The
> > moderator will take care eventually and if he rejects it I don't care.
> > Suggest you try to do the same, there are may more important things
> > than a message that doesn't get it to a list.
>
> Well, I'd say that mailing list is pretty vital for Linux-style
> development, and those rejects are simply far too frequent.

This is the first time in at least one month that anything from you has
been held according to the logs. If I look at my mailbox which has
3400+ messages from the list since 1st June, you have sent 78 messages,
only one of which was held.

I think you need to develop a realistic sense of proportion.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: