Re: Thinkpad X20 docking troubles - irq routing, USB strangeness

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 17:11:01 EST

> The first is irq-related. As soon as yenta driver discovers the
> additional ports, screaming irq happens and this shared irq is disabled.
> This documented in the dmesg below. This is my main problem, others may
> be secondary to it (at least the usb one).

One more data point: the behaviour seems to be consistent at least since
2.6.27 (the oldest sequential kernel I have around). I also have 2.6.21
laying around, this kernel did not support docking at all.

Another data point: starting the system without dock and later docking,
PCI devices in dock are not found and no yenta irq problems occur.

When docking, USB 4-port hub is found and works.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)