Re: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 09:12:03 EST

On 29 Jul 2009, at 13:58, Ian Molton <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Magnus Damm wrote:

Indeed. It's actually much worse than you say, each individual ARM
architecture has its own clock API implementation of varying quality and
of course there are architectures that don't do the clock API at all.
Yeah. This is exactly why I don't want to block on the clocklib implementation.

Yeah, good idea... lets ignore the problem until its so big we cant fix it at all...

The problem here is sufficiently substantial that I'd be impressed if we managed to get a good solution in within a single kernel release. This does help encourage people to keep local hacks but those are much more realistic.