Re: [BUGFIX] set_mempolicy(MPOL_INTERLEAV) N_HIGH_MEMORY aware

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 04:52:23 EST

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> tested on x86-64/fake NUMA and ia64/NUMA.
> (That ia64 is a host which orignal bug report used.)
>
> Maybe this is bigger patch than expected, but NODEMASK_ALLOC() will be a way
> to go, anyway. (even if CPUMASK_ALLOC is not used anyware yet..)
> Kosaki tested this on ia64 NUMA. thanks.

Note that low/high memory support in NUMA policy is only partial
anyways, e.g. the VMA based policy only supports a single zone. That
was by design choice and because NUMA has a lot of issues on 32bit due
to the limited address space and is not widely used.

So small fixes are ok but I wouldn't go to large effort to fix NUMA
policy on 32bit.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.