Traversing Page Table of a process

From: M. Shuaib Khan
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 07:31:20 EST

This has seriously started to give me a head ache. So an SOS for help.

I get the pgd for each process out of its mm_struct. How do I use this
pgd to get the physical addresses of all the pages. I am not writing a
code that will be part of the running kernel so none of the kernel
macros are available for my use. I am getting everything manually out
of a RAM image taken using dd.

So once I've the pgd value out of mm_struct, how do I get to the
corresponding pmd and pte addresses and eventually the physical
addresses of the pages...?

Any help/pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
M. Shuaib Khan