Re: [BISECTED] Re: [BUG] Linux-2.6.31-rc1 Fails To Recognize SomeUSB Disks

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 04:27:26 EST

On 07/27/2009 05:43 AM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> First let's see if I actually interpreted the responses correctly and
> that this fixes the issue.
>
> Matthew> and the sd code seems to check for that. So what bug are you
> Matthew> papering over here?
>
> The USB drive in question appears to go tits up when we send it an
> extended inquiry. I contemplated adding a BLIST option but we really
> only need EVPD to access pages 0xB0 and 0xB1.

I don't understand. The device in question breaks when we try to read
a page that it reported it supports? we did do
/* Ask for all the pages supported by this device */
result = scsi_vpd_inquiry(sdev, buf, 0, 255);
if (result)
goto fail;
Didn't we? Are we checking that 0xB0 or 0xB1 are returned?

The Block Limits page
> appeared in SBC2 so I'm just trying to play it safe. And hopefully fix
> Tarkan's problem in the process.

Thanks
Boaz