Re: Error mounting FC8 NFS server with 2.6.31-rc3 NFSv4 client.

From: Frans Pop
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 15:57:23 EST

Trond Myklebust wrote:
> OK. Then the NFSv4.1 merge has screwed up the state management. We do
> NOT want to hold client id state on the server when there is no file
> state...

Hmm. I doubt that as I can reproduce the same problem (at least the mount
hanging, not necessarily the errors) with .30, which I presume is before
the merge.

I have seen the errors too, but that may have been with 2.6.31 (though
definitely without NFS_V4_1). I seem unable to reproduce those with .30.

On the server (.30) in /etc/exportfs:
/srv/exports 10.19.66.0/24(rw,subtree_check,sync,mp,nohide)
/srv/exports/data 10.19.66.0/24(rw,subtree_check,sync,mp,nohide)

# exportfs
/srv/exports 10.19.66.0/24
/srv/exports/data 10.19.66.0/24

On the client (.30.2):