Re: What to do with this message (2.6.30.1) ?

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu Jul 16 2009 - 11:14:22 EST

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, David Rientjes wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

If you have some additional time, it would also be helpful to get a
bisection of when the problem started occurring (it appears to be sometime
between 2.6.29 and 2.6.30).

Do you know what version should definitely be not affected? I can check one
kernel version per day, can you name a list which versions to check out?

To my knowledge, this issue was never reported on 2.6.29, so that should
be a sane starting point.

After talking to Stephan offline--

I am also using the Intel e1000e for my primary network interface to the
LAN, I suppose this is the culprit? I have both options compiled in e1000
and e1000e as I have Intel 1Gbps PCI nics as well.. I am thinking back now
and before the introduction of e1000e I do not recall seeing any issues,
perhaps this is it?

Justin.