Re: Support for synaptic touchscreen in HTC dream

From: Trilok Soni
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 13:52:37 EST

Hi Brian,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Brian Swetland<swetland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Dmitry
> Torokhov<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> It is trying to do something useful for multitouch. People actually
>>> use multitouch on HTC dream. I guess I can strip it from version being
>>> merged...
>>
>> What about converting it to emit ABS_MT_* events added specifically
>> for the multitouch protocol?
>
> I believe at the time the driver was written, those events did not
> exist.  If the input framework has more appropriate events for the
> "2nd finger" (which is how synaptics represents MT on this panel), we
> should definitely switch to them.

Yes, MT events were added recently and they are working. Please check
this demo based on MT events.

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Linux-multitouch-technology-demod/

Also, please confirm if polling mode is really used in some h/w
configuration, if not as said by Dmitry, we can remove it and do clean
integration with threaded irq.

--
---Trilok Soni
http://triloksoni.wordpress.com