Re: access_ok macor

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 12:43:26 EST

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Michal Simek wrote:
> Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> >> r29=00000000, r30=00000000, r31=CE9759A4, rPC=C000123C
> >> msr=800045AE, ear=00000001, esr=000000B2, fsr=000080D0
> >> Segmentation fault
> >>

> > I guess then you should check if 0xc000123c is in your
> > exception table, or why it is not.
>
> on that address is load instruction for unaligned exception because addr is odd number
> that's why is called unaligned exception handler and from this function
> is called load instruction which failed. :-(
>
> Currently this make more sense why that tests failed. If that pointers are
> even number exception is not taken and exception sure don't have fixup for it because
> this is generic code. :-(
>
> That's the problem because we are looking for regs->pc but this point to unaligned exception
> handler.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

The solution then is to handle fixups from the unaligned exception handler
if you come from the kernel. That should fix the three text cases.

I don't fully understand your exception handling there, but I think you
also need to add code checking for __range_ok() to your unaligned handler,
to prevent malicious user space code from accessing the kernel through
unaligned pointers.

Arnd <><