suspend to disk now broken

From: Celejar
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 15:20:25 EST

Hi,

A recent change to the kernel has apparently broken suspend to disk on
my machine. It still works fine in 2.6.30.1, but hangs during the
'devices' phase of suspension with 2.6.31-rc2. [I originally saw the
problem using the wireless-testing git repo, but I've subsequently
reproduced it using the mainline code from the kernel.org homepage.] I
saw a rumor that the problem may have something to do with recent
changes to the Intel graphics drivers, so I've tried to remove the
driver (i915) before suspending, but it won't come out.

The machine is an Acer Aspire 3690 laptop, with Intel motherboard and
chipsets and Broadcom networking. The last message seen on the console
during the failed suspend is:

Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

The machine has no serial port, but I do have a Prolific USB-serial
converter; will that be useful?

I'm attaching the output of 'grep ^C .config', since I assume that it
contains relevant information.

Please cc. me on responses.

Celejar