Re: [BUG 2.6.30] Bad page map in process

From: Haavard Skinnemoen
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 03:58:09 EST

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:34:06 +0100 (BST)
Hugh Dickins <hugh.dickins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've not looked up avr32 pte layout, is 13f26ed4 good or bad?
> I hope avr32 people can tell more about the likely cause.

It looks OK for a user mapping, assuming you have at least 64MB of
SDRAM (the SDRAM starts at 0x10000000) -- all the normal userspace flags
are set and all the kernel-only flags are unset. It's marked as
executable, so it could be that the segfault was caused by the CPU
executing the wrong code.

The virtual address 0x4377f876 is a bit higher than what you normally
see on avr32 systems, but there's not necessarily anything wrong with
it -- userspace goes up to 0x80000000.

Btw, is preempt enabled when you see this?

Haavard